Thursday, January 5, 2012

Chocolate Peanut Punch-Natural and Yummy Energy Drink


                   

                        My husband was working on a friends' car recently and it was a relatively nice day here in Orlando. I figured it would be nice to surprise him with a nice cold glass of something. I decided, since I had so much peanut butter (from couponing) that I would whip up some peanut punch with a twist. 
                        For vegetarians, you get protein and vitamins from having a glass of peanut punch. It contains about 25 % protein, calcium, niacin, folate, fiber and vitamin E just to name a few. It is great for energy instead of caffeine filled energy drinks. To my recipe, you can add a banana and even top it with granola!

Ingredients

3 cups  Cold Vanilla Almond Milk (love the dept of using the Almond flavors)
1/2 cup Favorite Peanut Butter. (I used Honey Roasted)
5 tsp     Cocoa Powder (please the unsweetened cocoa, not cocoa mix for hot chocolates)
4 tbsp   Sugar (I used granulated cane sugar)
1/4 tsp  Vanilla Essence
pinch     Cinnamon
5 oz      Ice (optional)

Method

1. Place all ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth. Taste for sugar and adjust if you think its necessary. (I did not make it a sweet dish, just enough to make the cocoa powder taste good).

2. Optional: You can add ice and continue to blend for an icy treat!


                                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment