Monday, January 2, 2012

Wholly Guacamole



                             A New Year has begun, and traditionally, (if I were at home in Trinidad), my mother would cook up a pot of Black Eye Peas and rice. So I thought it would be perfect for me to make my own version of the dish......However, 2012 did not start off as I thought it would. I was sick in bed the night before. (I usually cook the dish I am blogging about the day before I write about it). So there was no cooking taking place at my house for the New Year (wait, expect my husband cooked for me last night :).
                            No I'm not superstitious or anything, but usually, cooking rice and black eye peas for January 1st supposedly sets you up to have a prosperous New Year. Since I was not able to have that traditional dish, I got the next best thing....CHIPOTLE!. Even before I began writing this blog, I wanted to talk about Chipotle, and I think for January 1st, it had the most suitable components. Peas (although not black eye) and rice.
                             Even though I love to cook, sometimes I don't (surprise....well not to my husband)! On the days that I want a day off, Chipotle is my GO TO fast food. I love it cause its vegetarian, healthy, FAST FOOD and a good value for your money. PLUS now they have brown rice as an option!
                            I love to have brown rice, black beans, the grilled peppers, mild and medium salsas, a little cheese, corn and guacamole on the side. How do you like your Chipotle? And what's your favorite vegetarian fast food option?

No comments:

Post a Comment